H i Gemmers! We are unveiling our Hidden Kitchen again!
Couple of days ago my Mom visited me and she made me her super special spaghetti sauce – made of pure tomatoes, minced beef, soya beans, mushroom, and Italian spices which is basil and oregano (she never uses tomato sauce in her spaghetti sauce, ‘because it doesn’t give a real authentic taste!’, she said). So, since she has left two kilograms of spaghetti sauce in the freezer, I came up with the idea of making something more than just stirring the sauce with pasta – I made a baked spaghetti burger… namely, BAKED BURG-ETTI! Don’t get me wrong, the burger is not made from bread, it’s made from spaghetti.
Again, I chose to share with you a comfort food that is oh-so-simple to make yet so tasty that it could melt in your mouth! The ingredients are very simple. Let’s start with two portions, you can make it for you and your spouse, or boy friend, or best friend! Let’s see what we have here…
(Tips: if you don’t have time to make your own bolognaise sauce, try to find the bottled ones in the supermarket.)
- 125gm spaghetti
- 100gm bolognaise sauce
- 50gm flour
- 3 ounces of garlic, minced.
- 1/2 of onion, minced.
- 1 spring onion
- 2 slices of single cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of chicken salami
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- chicken cubes
How to make it:
- Boil the spaghetti, drain and rinse. (Tip: don’t forget to put salt while you boil it to make it tastier)
- Stir fry the minced garlic and minced onion until golden brown.
- Put the spaghetti, fried garlic and onion, chicken cube, salt & pepper, egg, and spring onion. (Add flour if you want to shape the spaghetti easier.)
- Shape the spaghetti into round thin patties (make four pieces of it) and steam them for 25 minutes.
- Then when cooked into shape , stack ‘em! The rounded spaghetti at the bottom, then put a slice of cheese, add on the chicken salami, and close the burger with spaghetti. Wrap it with aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven in 180 degrees for 5 mins, then bake the burgers for 25 minute. Unwrap the foil and put it into a bowl, pour the bolognaise sauce, garnish them with parsley, and serve them while they’re hot!
Nomnomnom… Italian paradise! What can be better in this world than these perfect Italian spices combos?
Watch our video tutorial here: