Its a public holiday, and you are just too lazy to go out to after all that flash flood issue the day before, what to eat on a chillax day? Try this recipe, it’s healthy, hearty and satisfying. Best of all you can do this is under 15 minutes we reckon depending on how handy you are in the kitchen.
10-Step Tomato and Capsicum Pasta (serves 3-4 pax)
The 10 Steps You Need to Know
1. Boil some water. Put in the pasta and cook according to the packet. You may opt to add some salt and olive oil to the pasta to give it some flavour while it’s cooking.
2. Cube the onions, garlic, tomatoes and capsicum. Set aside.
3. Slice the sausages/ham to reduce cooking time.
4. Fry sausages/ham beforehand if you want a crispy texture. If not, you can just cook it with the rest of the ingredients.
5. When pasta is cooked, place in a bowl and drizzle on some olive oil to prevent sticking. Keep some pasta water.
6. In a pan, sauté onions and garlic till fragrant. Add sausages and ham (if not cooked) and crack some black pepper.
7. Add tomatoes and capsicum and cook till tomatoes are soft.
8. Toss in pasta and add some pasta water. Taste and add salt if necessary. (add in sausages and ham here if they were cooked prior to sautéing the ingredients)
9. Add rosemary and basil to taste. I cannot stress the importance of tasting enough. One too many bland experiences has taught me the necessity of tasting a dish before serving it.
Best of all, this recipe saves you the cost of buying ready-made sauces which at times contain too much sugar and sodium. It’s pasta, made easy, healthy and yummy!