When we saw 16-year old Spanish photographer Cristina Otero’s fruit-themed self-portraits, we were blown away. We were inspired to come up with these looks just in time for summer, so enjoy!
Green Apple Eyeliner
Just a hint of colour that peeks through whenever you blink – that’s neon eyeliner done right. With striking colours, less is always more. Slick on a thin line just on top of your black eyeliner, or along the lower lashline for a more subtle look. You want to create a ‘peekaboo’ illusion, not look like your kid sister used highlighter on your eyes.
1. Sleek Makeup iDivine Ultra Matte V1 Palette, RM50, Luxola
2. Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in Acid Green, USD23, Sephora
3. Lime Crime Eyeliner in Citreuse, USD13.99
Move over, fuchsia – vermillion (an orange-red hybrid) is the colour to wear this season! Flattering on warm skintones (that’s us!), and super-versatile, you’ve got to have at least one lip colour in this shade. Dress it up by dabbing gloss on top to amp up your pout, or tone it down for casual days by blotting with tissue to leave only a stain.
1. Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lipstick in Melon, USD22.50
3. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion, RM95
Go for a warmer look during the hot season by incorporating a mango-tinted blusher into your look. Sun-kissed skin is always dewy and radiant, so try skipping foundation or face powder for a change, and accentuate your cheeks with a tint or stain instead of powder blush.
2. Stila Lip & Cheek Stain in Mango Crush, USD24, Sephora
3. Benefit Cha Cha Tint, RM125
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
(Main image: boredpanda.com. Other images: getloworld.wordpress.com, pinterest.com)